Protection of Life
The unborn child has a fundamental right to life that cannot be denied. I am anti-abortion, but do believe an exception should be made in the rare and extreme circumstances of rape, incest, and to save the life of the mother. As a surgeon who has operated on babies as young as 22 or 23 weeks, I oppose all late-term abortions.
As your representative I have, and will continue, to:
- Received a 100% rating from Right to Life
- Oppose using public revenues to fund abortions and continue to implement the restrictions of the Hyde Amendment and its legislative offspring. This includes any new federal health care insurance authorized by the current Congress.
- Deny federal funds to domestic or international organizations that promote abortion as a method of birth control.
- Deny federal funds for research or therapies using embryonic stem cells (derived from embryos) that take a life in the hope of enhancing or saving a life. I do support ongoing research and therapies from adult stem cells (derived from fat cells or blood cord tissue) that show great promise in many difficult medical conditions.
- Support and promote the interests of organizations that provide encouragement and resources to women with unplanned pregnancies.